About This Role
- Building a conversation design web app that will allow marketers to build highly sophisticated chatbots with complex conversational paths
- Implementing immutable architectures with React/Redux – all on the latest specifications of ECMAScript or Typescript when it makes sense
- Prototyping chatbots and integrating with natural language processing providers
- Eventually building out our own in-house machine learning / NLP systems
What You’ll Do
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design and code reviews
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Lead the frontend architecture design
- Help to identify and communicate standard practices and methodologies for frontend engineering
- Help establish the engineering culture at Stackchat
What You Should Have
- Commercial experience working with ES6+
- Experience working with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development/debugging
- Good understanding of React (commercial experience desirable, but not required)
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Minimum 2+ years of experience building rich web applications (emphasis on the ‘application’ part – if you’ve only worked on websites, you won’t be a good fit)
- An enthusiastic, self-starter attitude – we all support each other and expect everyone to find themselves out of their depth sometimes, but we’re a small team so you’ll need to take responsibility for asking for help when you need it
- Curiosity about frontend technology – there are several greenfield projects to build out, so current knowledge of the technical landscape is important
About The Perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and very cool. Sometimes it can be hard to concentrate in an open office though, so we encourage you to work from home whenever it will improve your efficiency. To support you at work (and play) we offer some amazing perks: a generous equity share plan, ample time off to relax and recharge, an unlimited supply of craft beer on-tap, ergonomic workstations with standing desks and a positive, supportive work environment.
Stackchat is a team of passionate, driven, and empathetic humans. We have a laser-beam focus on creating the world’s smartest enterprise chatbot platform.
We are building an enterprise chatbot platform that enables marketers and developers to create amazing customer experiences on the biggest messaging services.
Our identity is defined by our core values:
- We love what we do and take pride in our craft.
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture and do our best to avoid diversity debt.
- Trust and autonomy is important to us.
- We are lean. We work efficiently and get to market faster than our competitors.
- We follow First Principle thinking. We don’t look at what others are doing as a gauge for what is possible, and we challenge everything.
- We take the Joel Test seriously and view good code as a source of value, not a cost to the business.
- We’re interested in exploring new and emerging technologies and adopting them where it makes sense.
To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.