About This Role
As a full-stack engineer at Stackchat, you’ll work with product designers and founders to build a next-generation conversational design web application using cutting-edge technology. There is no legacy codebase to maintain, so you can focus on building out new functionality leveraging modern best practices. As an early engineering hire, you’ll have the opportunity to help build out the team, select new technologies, and solve a wide range of business-critical problems. Here’s some of the cool stuff we’re working on:
- Building a conversation design web app that will allow marketers to build highly sophisticated chatbots with complex conversational paths
- Implementing immutable architectures with React/Redux – all on the latest specifications of ES or Typescript where it makes sense
- Prototyping chatbots and integrating with natural language processing providers
- Building out in-house machine learning / NLP AI systems + UIs
What You’ll Do
This is a hands-on development role and your typical week will include the following activities:
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design and code reviews
- Design and implement RESTful APIs
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Help establish the engineering culture at Stackchat
What You Should Have
- Great communication skills – ability to communicate complex concepts in plain English
- Knowledge of ES6+ or Typescript
- Familiarity with Node.js and an interest in “serverless” application design
- Working knowledge of API design fundamentals
- Experience working with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc. A good understanding of React is desirable, but not required
- An enthusiastic, self-starter attitude – we all support each other and expect everyone to find themselves out of their depth sometimes, but we’re a small team so you’ll need to take responsibility for asking for help when you need it
- Curiosity about web technology – there are several greenfield projects to build out, so current knowledge of the technical landscape is important
About The Perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and very cool. Sometimes it can be hard to concentrate in an open office though, so we encourage you to work from home whenever it will improve your efficiency. To support you at work (and play) we offer some amazing perks: a generous equity share plan, ample time off to relax and recharge, an unlimited supply of craft beer on-tap, ergonomic workstations with standing desks and a positive, supportive work environment.
Stackchat is a team of passionate, driven, and empathetic humans. We have a laser-beam focus on creating the world’s smartest enterprise chatbot platform.
We are building a chatbot platform that enables marketers and developers to create amazing customer experiences on the biggest messaging services.
Our identity is defined by our core values:
- We love what we do and take pride in our craft.
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture and do our best to avoid diversity debt.
- Trust and autonomy is important to us.
- We are lean. We work efficiently and get to market faster than our competitors.
- We follow First Principle thinking. We don’t look at what others are doing as a gauge for what is possible, and we challenge everything.
- We take the Joel Test seriously and view good code as a source of value, not a cost to the business.
- We’re interested in exploring new and emerging technologies and adopting them where it makes sense.
To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.